Amaros-19 is a Sudanese UVC Disinfection Robotic Solution designed to help business cope with difficult pandemic conditions and increase customer safety in Sudan.
The robot, thanks to its small dimensions and all-terrain chassis is able to move in narrow spaces, easily overcoming door sills and uneven terrain.
UVC (100-280 nm) is able to kill all kinds of microorganisms, including drug-resistant bacteria, fungi and viruses like covid-19. UVC light is absorbed in the cellular RNA and DNA resulting to virus structural damage and inactivation, such that they are no longer able to replicate.
The challenge-key facts and Figure
In Sudan, from 3 January 2020 to 10:21am CEST, 25 June 2021, there have been 36,574 confirmed cases of COVID-19 with 2,750 deaths, reported to WHO. As of 20 June 2021, a total of 629,692 vaccine doses have been administered.
current COVID-19 Disinfection method
The outbreak of coronavirus (COVID-19) has led to a broad use of chemical disinfectants in order to sterilize public spaces and prevent contamination.
The use of disinfectants is recognized to be effective in preventing viruses, but this is also increasing the need to solve problems, such as the side effects caused by the increase in disinfectant use
Incidents of dermal problems caused by chemical disinfectants have increased by 57.24%. Our skin is our largest organ and is vulnerable to chemical exposure.
Children are most at risk due to more frequent touching and “mouthing” of objects. Experts worry that exposure to chemical disinfectants could be detrimental to developing immune and reproductive systems.
Other disadvantages of chemical disinfectants are how it changes of taste and odours, the need for additional equipment such as tanks to guarantee proper contact time, and necessary monitoring to ensure proper concentration levels.
chemical disinfectants is known to provide poor disinfection performance against viruses such as enterovirus and hepatitis A and microorganims such as Giardia and Cryptosporidium.
Overall, the major advantages of ultraviolet light versus chemicals:
- no residuals
- no disinfection by-products
- no effects on color, taste, odor
- no storage of chemicals
- effective against all microorganisms, including Giardia and Cryptosporidium
- compact footprint
- environment and human friendly
Amaros-19-Disinfection Robot parameters:
- External dimensions (LxWxH): 400x400x650 mm –
- Total weight: 21 kg
- Ground clearance: 45 mm
- Control range and video preview: over 0.5 km in open space, upgrade possible up to 2 km
- Equipped with two UVC lamps remotely controlled (switch on and off)
- top UVC lamp fo disinfecting ceilings and walls
- bottom UVC lamp for floors disinfecting
- Additional LED lamp for driving at night (remotely controlled)
- Safety light that signals the operation of UVC lamps
- distance sensors for obstacle detection and avoidance
- camera for real-time video transmission to the operator